Happy 1st (official) Day of the Nordstrom Sale Day, friends!
I always love this time of year because the Nordstrom Sale begins and my family knows me well and gives me birthday gift cards and moolah to spend at the sale 😉 The sale actually opened last week for card holders, so I was able to purchase and try on all of these great pieces and can personally attest to them. A lot of the merchandise sells out before it even opens to the public, so I waited to write a post about it, knowing I wanted to share what was still in stock.
I’ve been dabbling in the Nordstrom Sale for years… now it’s one of those things that’s in my calendar and I make a point to purchase. The BEST part about the sale, in my opinion, is that these are NEW fall looks from Nordstrom brands and they are deeply discounted. They DO go back to regular price after the sale. It’s not a gimmick where these items are going to stay on sale or are being clearanced out – these go back to full price in a couple of weeks, so I suggest purchasing now to get the steals.
I love fashion – if you can’t tell. But one of my shopping techniques is to invest in the basics and get the trendy pieces for a deal (so I purchase at less expensive places for those – SheIn, TJMaxx, Asos, Target etc.). So all of these pieces are basics that can be worn in a myriad of ways and they are good quality pieces/fabric/fits.
Hopefully some of the other items I bought come back in stock (some of these have come back after being sold out and are just on back order now – like the #1 tee below), but for now, these are great options for you! I’m tellin ya, friends, invest in these basics NOW! 🙂
Find links to all of these items below – as well as a little summary of how to wear each piece.
- Side Slit Pocket Tee – Wear this half tucked, knotted on the side, or just on it’s own with leggings because it’s long. Once fall comes around, throw a cardigan on with it to stay warm (like #7 below).
- Plaid Cotton Blend Shirt – I bought this last year in a different color and just love it and this year’s version is no exception. I love it with the denim featured in #5 but also like it with the live in leggings (#3) for around the house You can half tuck this as well or leave it long for a relaxed fit.
- Zella Live in Leggings – These are my FAVORITE leggings. I like them even better than Lululemon, believe it or not. I have them in lots of different cuts in the black and purchased the burgundy this year (which is currently out of stock, but hopefully comes back). If you have never invested in a nice pair of leggings, BUY THESE. They function as work out pants or as just around the house wear. They are super thick, quality fabric. I size up in them because I don’t like my leggings to “suck me in.” I want them to be relaxed enough to wear around the house as cozies. If you are using these strictly for working out, get your normal size.
- Front Button Dress – This dress is super girly and romantic. I plan on wearing it at the end of summer and then transitioning to fall with my (#7) cardigan and booties. The weather always seems to turn and you need options that can go from summer to fall quickly.
- Articles of Society Denim – I absolutely LOVE this brand. This is the same brand of white skinny jeans that I wear on repeat. I got a grey pair by the same brand that’s currently out of stock, but I will try and feature if they come back.
- Split Sleeve Top – I can’t believe this top hasn’t sold out yet. It’s adorable and AFFORDABLE. The side slit on the sleeves is a pretty detail that makes it stand out compared to most tops I’m seeing for fall. I plan on wearing this with the burgundy (or regular) denim then adding a scarf when it gets cooler.
- Rib Knit Cardigan – Who doesn’t need a great basic cardigan? For around $30 (when it’s normally $50) – this is a steal. It’s warm, cozy, and versatile and will go great over dresses, with leggings, and denim!
- Pocket Tee – This is just a great basic long sleeved tee that comes in an array of colors. If you’re looking for a great wardrobe staple that you can wear throughout the fall/winter/even spring, this is a great top!
So now you have a glimpse into my shopping (problem) at the Nordstrom Sale! I hope this helps you find yourself some great basics for your wardrobe. <3